Thursday, October 4, 2007

Installing HP Photosmart D66160 with PC BSD 1.4

After trying to install HP Photosmart D6160 printer with PC BSD I have seen that driver for USB printers are missing in the list. After visiting the forum of www.pcbsd.org I found useful post by the user dracheflieger.

In short you have to make the steps described in the chapter 5 of the quick guide. That mean opening start menu-> settings-> system administration-> system manager->tasks and to press one after another the buttons "fetch system source" and "fetch ports".

After that logout->login open console-> su ->root password and type
cd /usr/ports/print/hplip && make install clean && rehash

BSD will download and install driver hplip for you. Im my case there was package conflict and I should remove nasty package with remove_pckg or something like this. By the way I got this tip from the console. The thing just work. Yuppie.

No comments:

Post a Comment